One of my first jobs was at The Cheesecake Shop, so it’s no surprise that I like a slice or two of delicious cake! But as a health practitioner, it’s now important to me that my treats aren’t too naughty. That’s why I’ve put together this sumptuous Orange & Almond cake recipe for you to enjoy. Let me know how your own version turns out. You can even post a pic of it on my facebook page for all of us to eat with our eyes.
2/3 cup Natvia or your choice of dry sugar replacement
2 cups blanched almond meal
1. Simmer 2 oranges in a pot of water deep enough to cover the oranges for 30 minutes.
2. Allow the oranges to cool, then cut into quarters and de-seed if necessary.
3. Puree the orange segments, including the skin, in a food processor.
4. Whisk eggs and Natvia (or dry sugar replacement).
5. Add blanched almond meal and orange puree to the egg mix.
6. Pour into a cake tin (I used a 21cm square tin, but you could use a round tin), and place in a preheated oven at 160 degrees celcius for 70 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in the centre.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a garnish of fresh strawberries if in season, or make a raspberry puree to pour over the top for extra sweetness and fruity flavour.