Hi, and welcome! I’m Kim Gatenby, acupuncturist and doctor of Chinese medicine.
My two clinics are located in St Leonards and Dural in Sydney, Australia.
If you’re able to come in and meet me in person that would be fantastic. Otherwise, I also have lots of accessible information on this site through my blog posts, and also offer Skype fertility consultations online.
As an acupuncturist and traditional Chinese medicine practitioner, it’s my great pleasure to be able to help you overcome whatever health hurdles you’re challenged by at the moment.
I have a Bachelor Degree in Applied Science (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and 16 years of clinical experience, so you know you’re in good hands. I am also currently studying a Master of Reproductive Medicine with a High Distinction average (keep an eye out for my essays in the blog area!), due to graduate in May 2022.
After travelling to China to complete my education in 2006, I started working in a clinic under the direction of a midwife. This is where I was first drawn to helping pregnant women and women who wanted to become pregnant.
It’s definitely an emotional role to be such an important part of someone’s journey to parenthood, but it’s the reason I jump out of bed every day and love coming to work!
I’m also really thrilled to be able to help with all sorts of general health concerns. If you would like to discuss your own situation before coming in, feel free to get in touch via the contact page.
Ba Applied Science (Traditional Chinese Medicine) 2007
Master of Reproductive Medicine (current)
Certificate Heated Stone Massage
Certificate Sports Nutrition
Recent additional studies
- Autoimmune diseases, management with TCM.
- Confident & Safe prescribing alongside pharmaceuticals for better patient outcomes.
- Cardiovascular disease: the critical gaps in current management and the central role of the natural medicine practitioner.
- Lab Testing & Hormonal Assessment For Infertility.
- Infertility and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss – It Could Be Subclinical Hypothyroid.
- The treatment of infertility: full course.
- Female Hormonal Disorders.
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and pain syndromes.
- Male fertility – treatment of infertility.
- Pain, Inflammation & Immune Driven conditions.
- Functional Psychiatry: the biology of emotion.
- Dysbiosis & disease.
- Japanese Cosmetic Acupuncture/BiYo Shin Kyu: The Kitagawa Method.
- Re-awakening Qi Flow Through Scarred Meridians.
- The Importance of Nurturing the Foetus Through the Pregnancy.
- Interpreting Blood Tests According to Chinese Medicine.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Course
Chieko has 16 years experience in western medicine health care and commenced a journey of Traditional Chinese medicine in 2011 after becoming a midwife.
She has a strong passion in combining alternative medicine and western conventional medicine to adjust your body’s inner balance and healing processes.
- Currently working as a registered nurse/midwife in an acute hospital setting to provide pregnancy, labour & birth, and postnatal care.
- Teaching birth preparation classes as a Certified Lamaze Childbirth educator based on Calm birth, Hypnobirthing, & Spinning babies.
- Have attended the oncology outpatient acupuncture clinic in Concord between July -November 2018 and completed case studies of Chemo and hormone therapy induced menopause symptoms.
- Completed Graduate Certificate in diabetes education and management at UTS in 2017.
- Obtained certification in reflexology, remedial massage, & fertility massage.
- Ongoing update of skills & knowledge
- Lactation Consultant course (2020-2021)
- Post graduate course in Reproductive Health commencing 2021.
Chieko works at the St Leonards clinic on Wednesdays and Fridays.